- Before you plug your charging cable in the socket, inspect it for damages like cracks, cuts, exposed wire, etc.
- Next, ensure that your Tata Nexon electric car is parked in a safe location and the hand park brake is engaged.
- After you finish charging your Tata Nexon electric car, switch off the power supply before disengaging the charging cable from the socket. Remove the charging cable and then the car charge port.
- Insert the dust cap of the charging cable and the charging socket after use. Roll up and store the charging cable in its compartment placed behind the rear seat.
- Stay safe at all times. Ensure that proper earthing, over voltage protection and an earth line leakage circuit breaker (ELCB) has been provided to the power source.
- Whenever possible, allow your battery pack to charge completely.
- At the time of charging, make sure that children are kept away from the power source and the on-board charger port.
- At no point should the external power source or on-board charge port be exposed to rain or water especially during charging. Do not carry out the charging procedure with wet hands.
- Do not use an extension cord or adapter to charge your Tata Nexon electric car.
- Do not submerge the control box in water, mishandle it or place a heavy object on it.
- Do not place your fingers in the charger ports under any circumstances.
- Allowing people with medically implanted electric devices near your car can prove harmful especially while charging your car.
- Do not step, pull or knot the charging cable. Handle the charging cable with care.
- Avoid frequent short charges.